Aadhar Update History – Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new feature which will let subscribed owners check their update history. UIDAI is planning to make the process of changing details in the Aadhaar database a much transparent process. The feature will essentially let you view and download the changes made in the Aadhaar database. One of the biggest benefits of this new feature will be to produce details about corrections made in the Aadhaar database over a period of time. The downloadable document can be produced to verify changes in the credentials.
Here’s how you can download your Aadhar update history:
- Go to uidai.gov.in and click on Aadhar Update History on the Home Page
- On the next page, enter your Aadhar card number or Virtual ID and the security captcha number
- Click on the send OTP button
- Once you receive the OTP on your registered number enter it, and press submit
- Pressing on submit will take you to the Aadhar Update History page
- Apart from viewing the changes, you can print the changelog for future use
UIDAI’s official release states, “Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has brought yet another innovation in Aadhaar by providing online facility to obtain one’s own Aadhaar Update History which can be downloaded and provided to various authorities on demand for availing various services.”
The Aadhaar Update history will show date-wise details of updates made in the address, and other fields on the Aadhaar since its generation. This information could be any update relating to name, date of birth, gender or address, or addition/deletion of mobile or email.